Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sometimes you just gotta move on..

Well, I had to make a difficult decision this week. My girlfriend and I both play on the same server, but we're in different guilds. I've run plenty with her guild before until they formed up into one of the top guilds (#11) on the server and started a DKP loot system. I stopped getting included in runs, and we had to balance our time together delicately due to our difference in raid schedules.

So I've been pondering for the past week or so if I should jump ship and join up with her so we can at least play together again. I finally scrounged up the courage to tell everyone in guild the situation and what I planned to do about it.

My last raid day with Resolution is Sunday. It's sad, but I didn't break any ties with the friends I've made there and I told them that I was only going to take my paladin to her guild. I made some good friends in that guild and I will miss going on runs with them. Luckily I made a great impression on some of her fellow raid members that I essentially secured a core raid spot so I can play side by side with my little angel :).

Now I get to balance my time leveling my TBC main in Resolution and raiding with Outermost.

Kind of a side note, but when I notified my guild of my leave to play with my girlfriend in her guild spurred one of my RL friends to tell everyone he was leaving the guild as well.. and guess where to? Yep. He got accepted into my new guild as well. Funny coincidence. He expressed his concern about the guild before, but was unsure as to what he was going to do about it. I had my own reason for leaving and its really more just stepping down from my current raid spot in guild, then taking on a role at the new guild so they accept me officially as one of their own members. I was surprised at first with his decision, but I knew he wanted to experience 25 man content. Most of the reason I play the game is due to my friends and I've always tried to have them in the same guild as me so we can "hang out" or w/e in game (luckily they make their own decisions and this time around it just happened to work out). So even though its sad that we both had decided to give our "2 weeks notice" at the same time in guild, I'm glad that at least one of my friends managed to get into the same guild as me.

Thank you Resolution for your hospitality and friendship, the past year and a half has been an experience I won't soon forget. I'll miss raiding with you guys, but remember -- I'm just one /camp /logon to my alt away :).

No comments: